Sinful Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The walking dead

+2
KingKiller611
steve523
6 posters

Go down

The walking dead Empty The walking dead

Post  steve523 December 6th 2010, 21:12

hey zombie enthusiasts! I've been watching this new tv show, The Walking Dead, recently, and i have to say, it's a piece of shit.

Everything on the internet talks about how awesome and amazing it is, but my god. The opening = 28 days later. From there, only about 20 zombies were killed throughout the first season. The camera would never stay still, so you couldn't even see the destruction well. 97% of the show is people talking. There is nothing i hate more than a character who constantly screws other people over because they are opinionated and stupid, and the show is full of them types. This show expects me to believe that people are still shocked when other people die. As if THAT is their biggest worry, not the hordes of zombies hunting them down. I just can't understand how people find this show exciting. I predict everything that happens all the time. What a hunk o' shit. Let's dance bounce

Anyone else see this show and have an opinion?
steve523
steve523

Back to top Go down

The walking dead Empty Re: The walking dead

Post  KingKiller611 December 6th 2010, 21:22

i liked the part where they chained the racist guy to the pole.

but honestly i've only see bits and pieces of it. i still think its hysterical that his partner was banging his wife, and how awkward is was when the partner and the wife both realized that he wasn't dead.

the gore is pretty insane for a tv show. a little too much, its like they're relying on it.
KingKiller611
KingKiller611
[SB] Leader
[SB] Leader

https://sinfulbrigade.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  steve523 December 6th 2010, 21:23

special effects are definitely amazing. That is the only reason i watched the full season. Unfortunately, it appears it was written by a boring monkey.
steve523
steve523

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnymack123 December 7th 2010, 01:48

I have to say most of my favorite zombie films come from George A. Romero. The original night of the living dead was absolutely amazing for its time. The fact that the black male was one of the protagonists made it an interesting film for 1968. Needless to say there's no wonder that Romero had no choice but to kill him off at the end by means of a bunch of white gun toting honkies who mistook him for a zombie. Especially after he hit the white girl! (OH NO HE DIDN'T!) lol. I'm not racist, but it is so interesting to look at film as a time capsule to see the way things used to be. I bet there were some pissed off white dudes in the theater who just let the black protagonist thing slide because he was shot in the head in the end. I just found this interesting I hope no one takes offense to my observations. Very Happy

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2956447426428748010#
Jnymack123
Jnymack123

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) December 7th 2010, 03:10

28 days later is my all time favorite.
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  StevenJones December 7th 2010, 22:33

From a horror movie enthusiast:

Best Zombie Movies:

Night of the Living Dead (original)
Gates of Hell (scary as fuck Italian movie)
Evil Dead 2 (hilariously violent)
Shaun of the Dead (Hilarious in general)
Dawn of the Dead (original)

28 days later was ok, but it seems to draw on past zombie movies. These 5 I think are the most original, and well-executed.

Also Steve, the reason that so few zombies were killed in the walking dead was because it is a study of human nature under threat, and the zombies are just a metaphor for any crisis. I really enjoy it cause I'm interested in that stuff. It's not so much about the zombies as it is the characters.
StevenJones
StevenJones
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnymack123 December 8th 2010, 02:16

StevenJones wrote:From a horror movie enthusiast:

Best Zombie Movies:

28 days later was ok, but it seems to draw on past zombie movies. These 5 I think are the most original, and well-executed.

Also Steve, the reason that so few zombies were killed in the walking dead was because it is a study of human nature under threat, and the zombies are just a metaphor for any crisis. I really enjoy it cause I'm interested in that stuff. It's not so much about the zombies as it is the characters.

LIKE OH.. MY.. GOD.... I LOVE EVIL DEAD!!! Gimme some suga baby Wink
Jnymack123
Jnymack123

Back to top Go down

Post  Thekingdavis575 December 22nd 2010, 08:18

StevenJones wrote:From a horror movie enthusiast:

Best Zombie Movies:

You forgot Zombieland! That movie PERFECTLY intertwined comedy with zombie horror.

As for TWD, I was dissappointed in it, It like 45 minutes of boring talking and planning and arguing, and 15 minutes of some crazy action. The only thing that makes the show worth it is the 15 minutes. Just my input
Thekingdavis575
Thekingdavis575

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down