Sinful Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career

+8
basisud
Shadowmaster
CookiezNcreem
vampirelupus
MicoJive (Mike)
Smarty_Marty89
killer_morphious
dudzman123
12 posters

Go down

Career      Empty Career

Post  dudzman123 December 16th 2010, 19:16

You can one of two things here, either reply to my question or say what you current ocupation is.

Im trying to figure out a career to go for. I want to make atleast 60-70,000 and would very much prefer to do something away from a desk, up and out doing something. I love guns and have actually thought about going into the military for the heck of it. I grew up dealing with a gang so ive seen more guns and weed than most people.

As for career I run a non-profit organazation community fundraiser that has raised over 40,000 in the last 2 years. I also am a co-owner of a local haunted house(makes around 1000 in net profit after halloween)...and an umpire. I make 20 a game for umpire...not too bad, but I make more from the Haunted House.
dudzman123
dudzman123

Back to top Go down

Career      Empty Re: Career

Post  killer_morphious December 16th 2010, 19:23

and how old are you??? 16? C'mon...
DO some research on the Border Patrol if you like guns and being out in the wild...

killer_morphious

Back to top Go down

Post  Smarty_Marty89 December 16th 2010, 19:59

guidance counselor must have spooked you lol. You gotta do what you want to do man.
Smarty_Marty89
Smarty_Marty89

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) December 16th 2010, 20:03

most people go into college with little to no idea waht they want to do. Changing majors multiple times is common.
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  dudzman123 December 16th 2010, 21:47

So what if Im 16? Your saying age dictates that? If you truly think that some kid is going to surprise the living hell out of you one day
dudzman123
dudzman123

Back to top Go down

Post  killer_morphious December 16th 2010, 21:59

dudzman123 wrote:So what if Im 16? Your saying age dictates that? If you truly think that some kid is going to surprise the living hell out of you one day

Hold your horses kid... I'm saying that at 16, i wanted to party with my friends.. I was not thinking on what would my career be... don't get so defensive... just do what you want like smarty said...

Damn....

killer_morphious

Back to top Go down

Post  vampirelupus December 17th 2010, 03:04

I'm a year away from graduating college, and I still don't know what I really want to do. I changed my major twice until I find something I fit well into, but I don't really know what I'm going to do with it. Whether I'm going to grad school or just looking for a job.
I'd love to write video games, but that's almost as difficult if not more difficult than trying to write screenplays for movies. People have to buy your stuff, so you gotta be damn good.

As for what you should do, I was also thinking about what to do at 16, and at the time, I was 100% sure I wanted to be a programmer, but going to classes in college changed all that. So my advice is be aware of your interests and be open to changes. Tons of people change their majors. I went from Computer Science, to Art and Design to English.

However, if you're really interested in military and you still are when you start applying for college, I would definitely consider ROTC. I have a lot of friends who enjoy it, and it gets their college paid for. You can still take pretty much any major. I had a retired Marine as my graphic design teacher in high school, and he got his degree with ROTC.
vampirelupus
vampirelupus

Back to top Go down

Post  CookiezNcreem December 25th 2010, 00:21

im gonna be the next big thing.
CookiezNcreem
CookiezNcreem

Back to top Go down

Post  Smarty_Marty89 December 25th 2010, 01:35

CookiezNcreem wrote:im gonna be the next big thing.

good luck
Smarty_Marty89
Smarty_Marty89

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowmaster December 25th 2010, 12:53

Law and politics. Double major in public policy and political science from carnegy melon (a top 20 school). Maybe law school. Probably working on law defense for campaigns I support. The reasoning behind this is because I want to make a difference in america and support those who I believe will help america through these tough times and hold good values. Since you asked, I thought I would share Smile. I'm 16 though, so it could change, you never know, but thats what makes life fun.
Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=820160277

Back to top Go down

Post  CookiezNcreem December 25th 2010, 14:11

Shadowmaster wrote:Law and politics. Double major in public policy and political science from carnegy melon (a top 20 school). Maybe law school. Probably working on law defense for campaigns I support. The reasoning behind this is because I want to make a difference in america and support those who I believe will help america through these tough times and hold good values. Since you asked, I thought I would share Smile. I'm 16 though, so it could change, you never know, but thats what makes life fun.

Ladies and Gentlemen.
the 60th President of the United states.
CookiezNcreem
CookiezNcreem

Back to top Go down

Post  basisud December 25th 2010, 17:21

Wish I was 16 again. I tried college after high school, tried going into the work force straight away after dropping out of college, that was hard work. Joined the military at 20, been in 4 years and I have no idea what I want to do when I "grow up". Be careful of the military, a lot of people lose focus of their initial "end game". On the other hand, joining enlisted is a great opportunity for absolutely free college. I will not have any college loan debt when I finish my Bachelors in Criminal Justice thanks to the Air Force.
basisud
basisud

Back to top Go down

Post  killer_morphious December 28th 2010, 15:12

even though the some of the air force jobs are not considered military, the air force is the way to go... they get the best of the best and the more funding from the government. i am a former Marine and my MOS was 0311, infantry. One thing I can tell you guys is that don't join the military because you think you are going to do 4 years in and that you are coming out with a bachelors because that is not true... Don't do it for the money, unless air force, and don't do it because you can't find anything else. I did it because i wanted to and i don't regret anything. The military is not for everyone. SEMPER FI

killer_morphious

Back to top Go down

Post  bluenigh9 December 28th 2010, 20:01

i dont have a job but i am according to my state certified to be an auto cad drafter i went to college my senior year of high school for that. my last job was a telemarketer and that just sucked but my hopefully next job is at just press play (a video game store) that my cousin knows the owner
bluenigh9
bluenigh9

https://www.facebook.com/blainewealand

Back to top Go down

Post  Smarty_Marty89 December 28th 2010, 20:04

i loved drafting in high school.. It got too much into architecture which i didn't really like and stopped doing it all together
Smarty_Marty89
Smarty_Marty89

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnymack123 December 29th 2010, 19:04

CookiezNcreem wrote:
Shadowmaster wrote:Law and politics. Double major in public policy and political science from carnegy melon (a top 20 school). Maybe law school. Probably working on law defense for campaigns I support. The reasoning behind this is because I want to make a difference in america and support those who I believe will help america through these tough times and hold good values. Since you asked, I thought I would share Smile. I'm 16 though, so it could change, you never know, but thats what makes life fun.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

If you want real power you need to be the ones "without names" in the federal reserve and the big banks which tell the politicians what to do and how to vote. Wink
Jnymack123
Jnymack123

Back to top Go down

Post  CookiezNcreem December 29th 2010, 20:22

Jnymack123 wrote:
CookiezNcreem wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen.

If you want real power you need to be the ones "without names" in the federal reserve and the big banks which tell the politicians what to do and how to vote. Wink
sorry..Im slow and i dont know what you mean.
CookiezNcreem
CookiezNcreem

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowmaster December 29th 2010, 20:35

Jnymack123 wrote:
CookiezNcreem wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Pinned it.
I want to help people not have power though. haha.
Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=820160277

Back to top Go down

Post  Jnymack123 December 30th 2010, 01:16

Shadowmaster wrote:
Jnymack123 wrote:
CookiezNcreem wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Pinned it.
I want to help people not have power though. haha.

You're one of many in the political world. Check out infowars.com for truth. Look up the dumbing down of america and the effect of "no child left behind." Watch the film "1984" and "Cool Hand Luke." Dive deeper into the history of Nazi Germany. Investigate the philosophy of Nietzche (don't assume he's anti-semitic, he is NOT. The Nazis twisted his words) and Jean Paul Sartre. Keep the mentality of helping people because the mainstream media will teach you to be selfish and egocentric. As Jean-Paul Sartre said: "no man is free until all men are free." I think we can all relate to that statement in this day and age we live in, in which war against a country of people with scary towels on their heads is the norm; when in reality CNN and Fox News states that "X amount of insurgents were killed today" when they mean to say that "X amount of innocent woman and children were killed today." And of course NEVER forget that memorizing a few one liners out of a text book does not constitute knowledge which is one of the greatest downfalls in the western nation.
Jnymack123
Jnymack123

Back to top Go down

Post  guns-a-blaze December 31st 2010, 18:51

dont forget to work on your lieing and truth twisting skills, those are a must for politics

guns-a-blaze

Back to top Go down

Post  YounggGun(Josh) December 31st 2010, 21:10

Cake is a lie
YounggGun(Josh)
YounggGun(Josh)
[SB] Leader
[SB] Leader

https://www.youtube.com/user/Y0unggGun

Back to top Go down