Sinful Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jus' Sayin'

+6
steve523
StevenJones
MicoJive (Mike)
James_Saccone
Smarty_Marty89
TheLighterDark
10 posters

Go down

Jus' Sayin' Empty Jus' Sayin'

Post  TheLighterDark January 18th 2011, 03:29

So last week I suggested that we seriously consider moving the site to a .com website hosted by JustHost.com and powered by IPB (Invision Power Board).

I think there were a lot of split opinions on this and that's okay with me.

But let's just saying we actually decided we wanted to do it....

Click me to see what it would "hypothetically" look like.

Jus' Sayin'. Oh, and it would also have a Blog which could be posted by Admins/Mods and a Chatbox which is 10,000,000x better than the one here. Jus' Sayin'.
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

https://facebook.com/willwiv

Back to top Go down

Jus' Sayin' Empty Re: Jus' Sayin'

Post  Smarty_Marty89 January 18th 2011, 03:37

thats really plain.. jus' sayin'
Smarty_Marty89
Smarty_Marty89

Back to top Go down

Post  James_Saccone January 18th 2011, 07:00

I'm just sayin this is a good idea and all, but would there be a price, and how much would the price be if there is one? I talked to Steve (King) about this before and that was the issue that stopped the progression. So if there isn't any money involved whatsoever (unless MAYBE its a small, one time thing) I'm sure we could make that small push, and it would give us a chance to redesign the way we do things (again... lol)
James_Saccone
James_Saccone

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) January 18th 2011, 13:09

just sayin it looks exactly like this site, without any color and without any members.
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark January 18th 2011, 16:59

A) There would be a one time fee of 48.70$ that I would pay for in full.
B) There are no members yet because none of us have registered? Durrr... Razz
C) There are a ton of better looking skins available for a small cost, some of which are fucking amazing. The one you see there is the basic.
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark January 18th 2011, 17:04

D) You can look at the forums over an iPhone app. Very Happy
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark January 18th 2011, 17:14

And for example, check out the live demo on this one and Warrior (if you can find them):

http://www.skinbox.net/browse/live-demo/skin/113
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  StevenJones January 18th 2011, 18:54

I would be super down for this idea.
StevenJones
StevenJones
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark January 18th 2011, 19:11

The Warrior skin is so sick. So sick.

EDIT: Also, I can get a five user chat for free, but a twenty person chat will cost $20.00. :/
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  Smarty_Marty89 January 18th 2011, 21:07

i just dont see why we need to change something to what we already have.. and this is free... and all the search engines link to here.
Smarty_Marty89
Smarty_Marty89

Back to top Go down

Post  steve523 January 19th 2011, 01:48

Not a bad idea. I like it. You should say that the chat price is the deal breaker and that unless its free, you are not going to go with them. They'll wave the price immediately. Business man.
steve523
steve523

Back to top Go down

Post  Zranny January 19th 2011, 03:20

we would lose more than half of our members, and this site is already a popular searched one on google, and wills site wouldnt have that type of publicity then.
Zranny
Zranny
[SB] Co-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark January 19th 2011, 03:39

Smarty_Marty89 wrote:i just dont see why we need to change something to what we already have.. and this is free... and all the search engines link to here.

There's never any "need to," and I am once again reiterating the fact that this is simply a suggestion, and nothing is being forced upon you or taken from you.

HOWEVER, there are reasons that this can be seen as and is a good thing. Sure, what you have is indeed free. It is literally costing whoever is in charge $0 to run the whole website and there are no fees whatsoever.

But if you had a .com run under IPB, it would literally make things a whole lot easier. IPB's customization tools are a lot simpler, better designed, better looking, and run more smoothly. A .com website would look more professional and I think that would open more doors up. For instance, yesterday I was asked by someone who wanted to join our clan "What's the clan website?" I said "sinfulbrigade.board... hold on." *Rushes to look it up* "Ah yes, sinfulbrigade.board-directory.net" By that time, I bet he wasn't even interested anymore. Wouldn't it be better if people wanted to join and you could just say, "Yeah man. sinfulbrigade.com! Check us out!"

Now don't think that the only interest I have in purchasing a .com is for that reason, for it is not. I think that having a .com would boost the chances of people signing up here and that would be a great thing. But it all ties back to the look of the whole plan. People are just more attracted in general to a .com website. They think it means "Hey, those guys are really serious about this." Now I'm not proposing that we get 1,000 unorganized members scrambling around our forums in chaos, because that would be horrible. But having new recruits without having to bust your asses advertising would lighten the workload.

About the search engines linking us, I know how to advertise your site on Google, Yahoo, Bing!, etc. and it takes a grand total of 10 minutes to set up all of them. Not a big deal and can easily be done/re-done.

But let me ONCE AGAIN state that I'm pushing nothing. I'm just trying to show you guys the benefits. It's like you have an old hat. Sure, it's great and you've been through a lot, but there's a lot of better options to be weighing and you need to consider them.

However, I've been having serious troubles getting the IPB addons working because I'm having to install them myself instead of paying an IPB worker to do it, but I'll report back once I've figured things out. #notgivinguphope
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  steve523 January 19th 2011, 03:43

tell the girl in ur photo that i say hi!
steve523
steve523

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark January 19th 2011, 03:45

Zranny wrote:we would lose more than half of our members, and this site is already a popular searched one on google, and wills site wouldnt have that type of publicity then.

A) It's not "my site," it would be the clan's.
B) If all of the "regulars" join the new site, then you would "technically" be losing no one. Unless you're counting members that don't come here anymore, which wouldn't really make sense.
C) Yes, you would obviously lose publicity going from a visited website to an untouched slate, but I promise you would get it back even faster then you got it.
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  texxkempt January 26th 2011, 11:32

im New to this clan as you know all know. but i think this could be cheaper by useing gatorhost i know its like 5$ a month wich may be a problem than the website u were gonna use but i was just gonna put my input and just say that your idea is great and that this fourm is great but needs an update...and with this update we may get more registers and players to this clan. just sayin Smile

----Sean
texxkempt
texxkempt

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark January 26th 2011, 17:53

texxkempt wrote:im New to this clan as you know all know. but i think this could be cheaper by useing gatorhost i know its like 5$ a month wich may be a problem than the website u were gonna use but i was just gonna put my input and just say that your idea is great and that this fourm is great but needs an update...and with this update we may get more registers and players to this clan. just sayin Smile

----Sean

I've used HostGator in the past and I've actually been impressed with it. However, you have to take into account the way that the charge their hosting. It's only $5 a month if you buy 3 years. $5 x 36 = $180. If you pay for it monthly, it's $9 a month.

Whatever we would go with would cost about $25-50 for a fully paid year.

Anyways, thanks for the support.
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  shakeydejake February 4th 2011, 11:24

Personally i think this is a really good idea, there is so many ways you could expand the site it would be 100% better but yeah the monthly payments would be a problem. I know a bit about this as im currently doing a I.T course at college so yeah if you need a hand just shout Razz
shakeydejake
shakeydejake

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark February 4th 2011, 14:56

shakeydejake wrote:Personally i think this is a really good idea, there is so many ways you could expand the site it would be 100% better but yeah the monthly payments would be a problem. I know a bit about this as im currently doing a I.T course at college so yeah if you need a hand just shout Razz

Well... My original thoughts are that we could pay for a month and try to set everything up the way we want it and test out all the features. If we don't like what we have, we can easily come back here. If we like it, we can pay for a full year.
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  killer_morphious February 4th 2011, 21:21

i think king should decide, we have great members here and everyone's input is important. I agree with both sides of the argument. Like smarty said, why change something that is already in full working order and it works just fine. How many users have been logged in at once, 17, 18? i dont think that the chat box is a big deal, the max i've seen is like 5 so that goes out the window. I think we are good here, but again, we all have opinions. Good luck and I say that we stay.

killer_morphious

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down