Sinful Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Sniper/Camping Spots

3 posters

Go down

Favourite Sniper/Camping Spots Empty Favourite Sniper/Camping Spots

Post  Guest March 16th 2010, 09:50

Hey guys, have finally got into sniping and have been looking round the web for spots to camp/snipe in. Havn't quite got the no scoping down yet but have just unlocked arctic gilly suits.So i thought i'd pose the question as to where your fav spots are to snipe?
I finally managed to climb the plane on afghan, jump the wing onto the ledge and got 9 kills before some fool shot be with a rocket!
Btw, whats your opinion of finding sniper spots to climb? do you view it as a glitch or are you of the opinion of 'if you can climb it all is fair?'
Pulled off an amazing position in wasteland by the graveyard getting on top of the building with a caved in roof in a gilly suit it was awesome watching other snipers set themselves up totally unaware i was about!
Hope to see some more of you online soon, everytime i play it sooms to just be Outbr3akLina online.
Peace

Back to top Go down

Favourite Sniper/Camping Spots Empty Re: Favourite Sniper/Camping Spots

Post  MicoJive (Mike) March 24th 2010, 05:00

Hey, im a huge fan of sniping on mw2 however not very good Very Happy but i do have some suggestions. 1. Go look up shaun0728 and/or seananners on youtube if you havnt watched there videos. Hutch was in optic clan (biggest snipping clan on cod4/mw2) before joining machinima and seananners pulls 5.5 k/d's hes beast. They helped me ALOT in just strats and overall gameplay.

2nd is kill and move. dont stay in spots for more then a couple kills, ESP with a sniper because odds are you wont use a silencer (they suck Very Happy) and you light up like xmas trees on mini map. Kill and move, kill and move.

Other then super obvious spots, ( top of cliff in afghan, or in the big open windows in...rundown? i forget the name of the rainy map) derail has hordes of them on top of cars or crates, rundown has behind the fork lifts, subbase has every single high ground point Smile.

Thats all i really have good luck dude Very Happy
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  StevenJones March 24th 2010, 16:50

Ill i can say is DONT TRY AND QUICKSCOPE IN A REAL GAME.

Be smart about it. If you are in one spot and you get four or five kills, chances are those four guys will come rushing you at the same time. Like mocjive said, being mobile is key. Stay back and pick people off. Dont rush.

Good spots: Well i know some pre snipe spots from search.
RUNDOWN: on offence run to the hill to the left. You can see the team crossing to the bridge.
TERMINAL: on defence, run up the escalator and stand on the railing. Look through the glass. People are almost always there.
SCRAPYARD: Either offense or defense, run to the left or right and snipe people coming out of the big buildings.

If you want to see more add shakinBacon13 and ill show you lots of them. Free of charge Very Happy
StevenJones
StevenJones
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TideToGo March 24th 2010, 21:19

well I'm not the best sniper by any means but I snipe a lot so here is my input,

always play on a sensitivity you are comfortable sinpin at I play on 10 and it's easy for me but you may not like 10...

another thing fmj is your best friend hit marks are like drinking water it's happens a lot Very Happy
and there will be games where you good negative with snipin don't give up keep at it some games you will dominant.

gl

T1d32g0
TideToGo
TideToGo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 19th 2010, 13:37

I've learnt how to snipe pretty well now even though I have games where I mess up most of the time I do pretty well, heres some tips;

1. If you find a good spot and get a few shots in, don't sit there and take more as people know where you are. Move on and find another spot.

2. when perking, try putting one in which helps your secondary weapon more than your sniper weapon. Steady Aim is really good as its useful for both guns.

3. Stopping Power + FMJ because without SP it will take too long to kill.

4. Try not to silence your Sniper as they lose their range and power.

5. Find a sniper you are comfortable with, I use Intervention because I hate people that spray.

6. You'll get more kills if you go hunting, but that doesn't mean go out in the middle of the map and try to own because you won't.

7. If your not good at Quickscoping yet don't worry about it, Just chuck a stun grenade and switch to your secondary.

8. Along with Stopping Power try to have Steady Aim Pro and Sleight of Hand Pro as these will be a great help.

9. As said already use a sensitivity your comfortable with. (Nice to see other players play at 10 Very Happy)

10. And also just stick at it you'll lose alot but don't get fustrated and give up.

Anyway onto Sniping spots xD :

If you play Domination, in Afgan where A is there is loads of bushes by there which are a good place. In Quarry if you go to the building with the two windows at the tops and you go to the one without the ladders going to it and you look left you should see 3 massive crates stacked up you can run onto them, from there you should be able to see A in Dom a flag in CTF and a Target in SaD, good luck with sniping. Sorry about such the long post.

- SR1996

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) April 19th 2010, 17:00

2. steady aim is just good for secondary, it doesnt do much for snipers lol the no scope is still way too random in mw2 not like in cod4. However i still find using ninja more helpful as it stops the pesky heartbeat sensors from finding you, and if you sound whore its almost required.

3. I also use this setup however it depends on which sniper you use. Barret and intervention highly suggest it unless you are a headshot machine and run cold blooded. But with the wa2000 stopping power doesnt add any damage so you can roll another perk (unless you silence it then you need sp to get it back to base) and with the m21 theres NO recoil so you can pop off 2 shots very fast but i hate ppl that use it -.-

4. agree Very Happy unless you stopping power + wa2000 then its back to base stats for it.

5. id suggest starting with the barret or m21, if you get into a bind and cant get the secondary out you can spray to usually get the close kill, i like the look and sound of the intervention so thats usually what i roll with unless im having an off day.

7. agree, i think quick scoping is overrated and only useful in very small circumstances. Not to mention if you are not host you wont win 80% of the gunfights doing that.

8. slight of hand = required.

9. on top of the right sensitivity ( i use 7, it spins fast and its not to hard to control) i suggest trying the game with vibration turned off. It doesnt seem like much but actually made a big difference for me.

Thats all Very Happy good tips
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down