Sinful Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search help

+2
Travee
KingKiller611
6 posters

Go down

Search help Empty Search help

Post  Guest August 10th 2010, 00:19

im a nub at search and was wondering if anyone had any tips on class loadout and some tactics? it would be much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Search help Empty Re: Search help

Post  KingKiller611 August 10th 2010, 00:52

if you don't have ninja pro, get it. that'll really help you out, since almost everyone uses it, and youre footsteps will be incredibly loud due to there not being that much gunfire or air support in search.

use a gun youre really comfortable with. a good idea is to have a fast class when youre attacking (i like to use a silenced SMG with marathon pro, lightweight pro, and ninja pro). when defending, i recommend using a silenced assault rifle, sleight of hand pro, stopping power or cold blooded pro, and again, ninja pro.

secondaries are really up to you, but if you think youre efficient with a pistol with a tactical knife, then use it. silenced shotguns (aa12) are another option (only for small maps), and claymores can be deadly since people are more worried about looking for other players than claymores.

stun grenades = my favorite, but you might like flash better. smoke not so much.

if you want suggestions on particular weapons to use, ask James. He's incredibly knowledgeable about all things MW2.
KingKiller611
KingKiller611
[SB] Leader
[SB] Leader

https://sinfulbrigade.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Travee August 10th 2010, 01:55

Brownie wrote:im a nub at search and was wondering if anyone had any tips on class loadout and some tactics? it would be much appreciated.

ur not bad at search
Travee
Travee

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeastModeAlwayz

Back to top Go down

Post  James_Saccone August 10th 2010, 07:43

King also forgot to add to keep your killstreaks low. Don't go for a pavelow in S&D, it isn't worth it.

Don't take the same routes every single time, especially if you get killed. I have different routes I take every round.

If you are on Defense, don't rush. They are forced to come to you either way. Like wise on Offense that you shouldn't be camping in your spawn.

Do NOT use the heartbeat sensor because almost everybody has ninja on, try a silencer instead.

That's about all I can think of. Hope you improve
James_Saccone
James_Saccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 10th 2010, 12:23

thanks for the tips guys right now i am using scar with silencer and holographic (marty i know XD), bling of course, stoping power pro, and i'm using ninja pro. but thanks for the tips and tactics and ill try some search when i get back from the doctor.

Oh, and yes i am bad at search snipes XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Smarty_Marty89 August 10th 2010, 16:57

i'm comfortable with the SCAR that's why I use it but as for spawn snipes don't run through the glass at highrise and go to the left defending at rundown. You can also get noob tubed in the spawns at afghan and invasion. And watch the grenades in the center at Scrapyard.
Smarty_Marty89
Smarty_Marty89

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 10th 2010, 17:54

thanks for the help marty, but i meant snipes as in travis. he said i wasn't bad at search... yes i am lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Smarty_Marty89 August 10th 2010, 18:06

o lol but you do well don't worry about it
Smarty_Marty89
Smarty_Marty89

Back to top Go down

Post  StevenJones August 10th 2010, 18:09

when i get back i can 1 on 1 mentor you in search as that is my favourite gaqmetype and im pretty darn good at it.
StevenJones
StevenJones
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 10th 2010, 18:20

kk thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) August 10th 2010, 19:26

search is amazing Very Happy

if you watch some videos on nextgentactics they help ALOT with intercepting routes people use. I use a sniper as im most comfortable with it, but i recommend using a silencer on everything you use in search unless you are good and can win most 1v1 situations and have a headset.

Most people ive seen in search run around with commando, which makes heartbeat sensors actually very useful, but if i use one it makes me play way to conservatively and i only get 3 or 4 kills Sad.

Killstreaks are just like other gametypes, use what you are capable of getting too, uav/counter are very helpful for not only urself but your entire team and can make 0-2 games turn 4-0 very fast. However theres nothing in mw2 that compares to getting a nice 15+ kill game of search when you run over a team playing with 5/7/9 or 5/7/11 killsteak and getting it Smile

Its the gametype i play 98% of the time, i can also help with ingame stuff, not as good as jones but still decent Very Happy
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 10th 2010, 19:39

k im on all the time lol so im always up for a match

Back to top Go down

Post  Travee August 11th 2010, 01:07

Brownie wrote:thanks for the help marty, but i meant snipes as in travis. he said i wasn't bad at search... yes i am lol

ur not bad at all
Travee
Travee

Back to top Go down

Post  Travee August 11th 2010, 01:10

micojive wrote:search is amazing Very Happy

Its the gametype i play 98% of the time, i can also help with ingame stuff, not as good as jones but still decent Very Happy

am I good even though I use a Danger Close Pro RPG x2
Travee
Travee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 11th 2010, 13:01

your great at search travis XD

Back to top Go down

Post  Travee August 11th 2010, 20:16

Brownie wrote:your great at search travis XD