Sinful Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking About Buying a Capture Card

2 posters

Go down

Thinking About Buying a Capture Card Empty Thinking About Buying a Capture Card

Post  TheLighterDark December 19th 2010, 04:11

So I basically spent $50 a few months ago on a Dazzle and was really unhappy about the fact that IT SUCKS really fucking bad.

So, I recently came across $5,000 (don't ask me how) and really wanted to buy a Hauppauge HD PVR to record things with. I plan on doing more than just gameplay videos and maybe making some actual movies using Black Ops/other games. And the best place to start when making movies is to get good quality video(s).

Here's a test someone did of MW2 with one of these capture cards and I think that it looks awesome.

I don't mind paying the nearly $200 it would take to buy a new one, but I was wondering if you guys have had any experiences with it or bad things to say about it. Other than that, I'll probably be making some money soon with a job and Xmas, so it will be in my hands very, very soon. Smile
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

https://facebook.com/willwiv

Back to top Go down

Thinking About Buying a Capture Card Empty Re: Thinking About Buying a Capture Card

Post  MicoJive (Mike) December 19th 2010, 17:05

its what most youtubers use. but if i were to get one i would spend the extra 100 dollars or so and get the black magic. Its the one seananners uses and lets you use hdmi not just component.
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Thinking About Buying a Capture Card Empty Re: Thinking About Buying a Capture Card

Post  TheLighterDark December 19th 2010, 19:08

Thanks a lot Mico, but on Blackmagic's website there are two models, and they are both $200 just like the HD PVR. Which one should I get? My dad says he'll help me out for Xmas so I'll only have to pay for part of it. Very Happy
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) December 19th 2010, 20:02

not sure, ive never looked into them ive just heard people talk in the videos Very Happy
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark December 19th 2010, 20:05

Well I'm not too sure about it now b/c it can only be used with a desktop computer and my desktop is nowhere near my TV and the only computer I ever use is my laptop.

Regardless, I think the Hauppauge has awesome quality.
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) December 19th 2010, 20:14

yea the pvr still records in hd, just you need to use component cables and cant play with an hdmi.
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down