Sinful Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They are patching sniping, CONFIRMED.

+4
TheLighterDark
StevenJones
niners5Xchamps
Shadowmaster
8 posters

Go down

They are patching sniping, CONFIRMED.  Empty They are patching sniping, CONFIRMED.

Post  Shadowmaster November 28th 2010, 16:44

W000t. The sniping patch has been confirmed by a developer http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=338961&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=20n8u0037c64lmk3eqdk3cnkr1 .

Not a big patch, but may help with some less hitmarkers and they said the sniper patch will be SLOWLY fixed. Which is better than nothing, atleast they are listening, w00t. I just hope they dont make it unintentionally worse...
Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=820160277

Back to top Go down

They are patching sniping, CONFIRMED.  Empty Re: They are patching sniping, CONFIRMED.

Post  niners5Xchamps November 28th 2010, 19:14

If they make it anything like COD4 I will have to pick up a sniper again. Kind of excited
niners5Xchamps
niners5Xchamps

Back to top Go down

They are patching sniping, CONFIRMED.  Empty Re: They are patching sniping, CONFIRMED.

Post  niners5Xchamps November 28th 2010, 19:20

Well, aftr reading what he said. Its not going to be like COD4 so I guess I ill just have to wait and see.
niners5Xchamps
niners5Xchamps

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowmaster November 28th 2010, 19:27

niners5Xchamps wrote:Well, aftr reading what he said. Its not going to be like COD4 so I guess I ill just have to wait and see.
yeah there are some things that will be different, but I still feel like it will resemble cod4 more, i already feel like the current sniping system resembles cod4 more than mw2 did or even WaW. I hope it gets close enough to make us cod4 snipers happy, I would look forward to sniping with you niners Smile
Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  StevenJones November 29th 2010, 18:12

I actually have no problem with the sniping in this game. I think it's fine the way it is. If you are an effiecient sniper, then you do well.
StevenJones
StevenJones
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark November 29th 2010, 19:40

I don't think he's claiming that it will be completely different than CoD4, but rather just reinforcing the fact that making the two similar is not a five minute process.

The first time I picked up a sniper in Black Ops, I put it down immediately... It just feels way wrong. Hopefully this will boost sniping in the game, which certainly is lacking at the moment.
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

https://facebook.com/willwiv

Back to top Go down

Post  niners5Xchamps November 29th 2010, 21:36

Yeah the same with me. It just deters me too much and frustrates me. And my brother was sniping yesterday and seems the hit detection was off. Anyone else have this problem?
niners5Xchamps
niners5Xchamps

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLighterDark November 29th 2010, 22:14

Well, the few times I've sniped (about 20 or 30), I've had problems with perfectly lined up shots on a still target haven't hit, and what I thought would be misses, hit... So I suppose the hit detection is troubled, or else I just have problems. xD
TheLighterDark
TheLighterDark

https://facebook.com/willwiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Travee November 29th 2010, 23:35

this is kind of old news lol
Travee
Travee

https://www.youtube.com/user/BeastModeAlwayz

Back to top Go down

Post  AkimboSlice November 30th 2010, 01:28

Like everyone else, i hope it's going to be like COD 4...
AkimboSlice
AkimboSlice

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowmaster November 30th 2010, 01:35

In response to thelighterdark and niners comments: Well seeing as I have more kills with the l9 than any other weapon in the game atm. ( I have 777 kills w it right now, which is my favorite number Very Happy). From experience I can say there are definitely hit detection problems, but with more than just the sniper, the problem is with all the guns, its just much more evident with the sniper rifles and they aren't going to fix this because it would cause them to change game mechanics for all guns not just sniper rifles and they said they were not willing to put in the time for that, and if they took the servers down for that long people would go insane. (Vehn the developer talked about that in his post.) In response to stevens comment: obviously, I have no trouble sniping in this game either, thats not what im getting at, but not everyone is as efficient with a sniper rifle as u and I and it has killed sniping completely for the average player or the above average player who isn't amazing with a sniper rifle, so im very glad they are atleast helping the problem. And lets face it, there are very few situations where I get a kill with a sniper that I couldnt have got with another weapon, its more for fun than efficency in this game. In mw2 having an intervention with extended mags and SoH pro, being in the enemy spawn, could be more effective than having a freaking grim reaper in B.O because it was just so darn efficient in this game, if your in the enemy spawn and your good, you will rapeface the same or less with a sniper as alot of other good weapons, with a few exceptions, but not many :/.

It's quite obvious treyarch F'd up snipers in this game, in every other call of duty there were dedicated snipers who basically only sniped most of the time, if they had gun stats, their favorite weapons would be those snipers, like the intervention etc. But in this game, I have never seen anyone other than me with their "favorite" I.E most used weapon being a sniper. Which is just sad. Sad. Oh well, hopefully this will get fixed soon enough...
Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  niners5Xchamps November 30th 2010, 02:39

well, I was a good sniper in both games, and would prob do decent with it in this game, but I care too much about my KDR to try it consistently. The sway is just too deterring to me. and pistols are not a reliable source of extermination as a backup
niners5Xchamps
niners5Xchamps

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) November 30th 2010, 02:52

simply put for black ops there is NO situation where a sniper is a favorable weapon over another gun, meaning there is no reason to use it. Close situations having your shot based only on luck is not worth the occasional cheeky kill you get, ill wait til a more permanent solution is made for the randomizing shots. I dont care what anyone says, using another scope doesnt change the random of the first 1-2 seconds of scope in time, making close combat pure luck based.
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowmaster November 30th 2010, 13:45

MicoJive (Mike) wrote:simply put for black ops there is NO situation where a sniper is a favorable weapon over another gun, meaning there is no reason to use it. Close situations having your shot based only on luck is not worth the occasional cheeky kill you get, ill wait til a more permanent solution is made for the randomizing shots. I dont care what anyone says, using another scope doesnt change the random of the first 1-2 seconds of scope in time, making close combat pure luck based.
I agree with the first part of the statement that a sniper is usually not a favorable weapon but remember thats just in your opinion there is no reason to use it, some of us play this game for fun:o . but I disagree with the second statement completely. All you have to do is outplay the fellows, to give your scope enough time to re-adjust. This isn't to show off at all, just to show you I uploaded this quick clip (its not public) as an example for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcJFwOEHVJg . Its me running around in close quarters with a sniper, and only one of the shots was a "lucky" shot (0:14 seconds), all the others were skill based. Could I have probably gotten all of those same kills with a famas? Hell yeah, but that doesn't mean all my shots were skill based, so dont make hasty generalizations like you just did that certainly don't apply to everyone or every situation, but only a small grouping (in general the grouping you see on youtube alot). Sorry to respond in this way, but you basically just accused my whole playstyle of being based off of "Cheeky kills", which is BS.
Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  MicoJive (Mike) November 30th 2010, 14:02

ok dont assume everything i say is directed at you lol... and secondly there was 1 "quick Scope" in the entire clip. everything else is a standard snipe. breathing in for 1-2 seconds does NOT equal a quick scope...you are using a sniper rifle as its intended which is not what i am talking about. Im talking about a playstyle that, when put in CLOSE combat situations you do not need luck to win. SIMPLE as that. Go stand 5 feet from a wall, scope in and shoot when the scope comes up. It will shoot 99% of the time 30 feet away from your aim.
MicoJive (Mike)
MicoJive (Mike)

Back to top Go down

Post  James_Saccone November 30th 2010, 15:49

I kind of agree with Mike saying that a sniper isn't a good weapon in any situation, but on some maps like Array, the sniper Rifle can still do pretty good in some locations (eg. the tower). Also even if its not a good weapon, in this game it is allot more satisfying to get a kill with it than in any other game because no matter what you think, everything does take skill, although luck or how cheap some things might be, you still have to be able to react and aim in the direction of the enemy to get a kill.

Let's take Mw2 for an example, even though the ACR was cheap and extremely easy to use, the person still had to have pinpoint accuracy or he/she would miss every shot. Another example would be the Grenade Launcher, although it was probably the worst thing in Modern Warfare 2, the person still had to aim in your general direction didn't he?

The point I'm trying to make is nothing can be PURE luck in the Call of Duty series or with anything else, your reactions still make up for allot of those things that you think you didn't think you could do before. That's just my opinion on the matter with Luck.
James_Saccone
James_Saccone

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadowmaster November 30th 2010, 18:15

MicoJive (Mike) wrote:ok dont assume everything i say is directed at you lol... and secondly there was 1 "quick Scope" in the entire clip. everything else is a standard snipe. breathing in for 1-2 seconds does NOT equal a quick scope...you are using a sniper rifle as its intended which is not what i am talking about. Im talking about a playstyle that, when put in CLOSE combat situations you do not need luck to win. SIMPLE as that. Go stand 5 feet from a wall, scope in and shoot when the scope comes up. It will shoot 99% of the time 30 feet away from your aim.
ok, I guess. Grizz calls it "Quick sniping." So I can accept that, I quick snipe lol.
Shadowmaster
Shadowmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down